Good Afternoon ladies and gents,
If you haven’t already noticed my homepage tagline…well I love tea. I am a TEA drinker. A loose leaf lover. A tea bag, tea pot, tea cup every day kinda gal. Most people go on about coffee, and their absolute NEED for it to get through the day. Well I am basically like that, except with tea. So much so…that I decided I had to ease up. I’ve given myself a bit of a tea strike. I’ve tried to go a couple weeks only having tea 2 or 3 times a week. But…honestly…tea is really good for you! I don’t know why I am trying to deprive myself. Its literally like my morning and evening indulgence. Kind of like a chocolate bar. I am excited to get to my desk at work and sip on my tea. I’m excited to lounge on the couch after a long day of work, cooking and cleaning, and just sit with my tea and watch a show. Anyways…I’ve decided to list some reasons why tea is awesome, and why it beats coffee any day for me 🙂
1. It’s soothing. Literally, drinking a hot cup of tea soothes me. I don’t get that crazy caffeine high or the need to rush to the bathroom after drinking it like I get with coffee. It’s like a de-stresser. The aroma, the taste, and the warmth of it. It’s like the saying goes: “Tea: a hug in a cup”
2. It gives me energy without the jittery-ness or the crash. Tea actually is very healthy and has a lot of good stuff in it, antioxidants and just the right amount of caffeine to give you some energy. When I drink coffee I get like fidgety, and jittery and wired because the caffeine content is higher. And then afterwards I usually crash really hard. (This doesn’t happen for everyone I’m sure, but that is what happens to me!)
3. There are SO many varieties out there! I mean the flavors and aromas are endless. And what’s crazy, I tend to get hooked on certain ones that I just keep going back to over and over…but the amount there is left out there to try is endless. I can try a different tea everyday if I wanted! Chai, white, green, oolong, black, herbal…it’s kind of exciting 🙂
4. Tastes amazing with cream & honey! This may sound strange, but this is how I drink my tea. Although the cream is not always needed, and some teas are great completely on their own. But using honey instead of sugar gives black teas the perfect amount of healthy sweetness without having to used refined, processed sugars that are terrible for you. And Milk is alright in tea, but when I discovered having it with cream instead, I never went back. It makes it rich and creamy tasting which I love. But only in black teas or orange pekoe really. Its good in English Breakfast tea and sometimes Earl Grey. So I suggest anyone to try it, so delicious.
5. So easy to make, and easy for travel. I am a very on the go person. So boiling some water and sticking a tea bag in a travel mug is so simple, quick and gets me out the door in no time. I don’t have time to brew coffee…and instant coffee is just gross. And well, I’m not a fan of the Keurig machines because of how bad they are for our environment as of late. I bring tea bags with me to work, and boil water at work. Throw some honey in a little container and I’m all set!
6. Tea is healthy AND delicious. Tea is so good for you. So many rich antioxidants and healing properties…list goes on. Its like having a mini detox drink everyday. But tastes good too! Most teas out there taste great on their own, and if something is too strong or too bitter or doesn’t strike your fancy, there are lots of ways to add things to it to make it taste the way you like it. For example, green tea, I think is gross. Tastes nasty…but I know its good for me. So I looked up online ways to make it tastes better. Add some lemon juice and/or honey, vanilla extract, mint leaves etc. And it will tastes soooo much better. You can even experiment with two different types of teas together. Today I put earl grey in with my green tea and it made it much easier to swallow lol.
OKAY there you are. Tea is amazing, and good for you, and an all around a perfect treat. I love it and I hope you do to!
OH and for those of you who love tea as much as me, I made a cute little pillow case and mug design for tea lovers alike that you can purchase on my Redbubble page! Check it out here if you want!
Alright that is enough obsessing over tea today. See you later!